Found in Southeast Asia in the lowlands and hill forests of Malaysia at an altitude of 300 to 700 m.
Kacip fatimah has been used for centuries and is still commonly consumed by Malay women in Malaysia.
It is also well known to offer numerous other benefits for personal hygiene and well-being of women not only after delivery but even in everyday life.
The 9 benefits of Kacip Fatimah
1. Increases libido and treat female ailments relating to the reproductive system and well-being.
2. It is anti-dysmenorrhoea which helps in cleansing and avoiding difficult and painful menstruation.
3. Used effectively to treat disorders in the reproductive system like dysentery and gonorrhoea.
4. It helps balance your hormones and overcome postnatal depression such as loss of interest in intimacy as well as promotes strength and vitality to improve intimacy.
5. Helps to firm and tone the abdominal muscles making you look slimmer.
6. It is anti-flatulence which helps in eliminating excessive gas in the body.
7. It boosts your body resistance and thereby helps to relieve cold.
8. It improves blood circulation and therefore relieves rheumatic pains in joints and muscles.
9. It has also been known to overcome constipation and restore damaged hair, besides a whole lot of other benefits.